Andar Software Hosting FAQ
- EMERGENCY SUPPORT - Emergency Support refers to situations when ANDAR's services are completely offline. ANDAR will respond to all requests for Emergency Support within 15 minutes.
- URGENT SUPPORT - Urgent support refers to situations when one Customer is completely offline. ANDAR will respond to all requests for Urgent Support within 1 hour.
- CRITICAL SUPPORT - Critical support refers to situations where only one Customer system is offline. ANDAR will respond to all requests for Critical Support within 4 hours.
- STANDARD SUPPORT - Standard support refers to situations where only one employee is having an issue. ANDAR will respond to all requests for Standard Support within 8 hours.
- GENERAL REQUESTS - General request are when ANDAR systems are acting normally and as expected but you request ANDAR to perform a task. For example, you would like ANDAR to create a new user. ANDAR will respond to all General Requests within 48 hours.
You will need to set them up just like a regular windows PC including installing Screwdrivers on them.
- Full Time - Work 20 hours or more per week
- Exchange - Email addresses not people. These accounts can not log in.
Pricing can vary based on each individual contract. Please refer to your individual contract for more information.
ACCOUNTS IN THE TEMP BUCKET WILL EXPIRE 3 MONTHS AFTER YOU ASK US TO SET THEM UP. IF THE PERSON NEEDS AN ACCOUNT AFTER THAT THEY WILL BE MOVED TO EITHER THE FT OR PT BUCKET AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE FULL EMPLOYMENT OF THE EMPLOYEE IF YOU DO NOT PAY FOR TEMP USERS.
Note: Invoices will be generated at the end of the month and can not be changed unless we made an error since we pay for your licenses in advance. It is your responsibility to make sure that your user counts are accurate and match what we have in our system. Feel free to send me an updated list of which bucket your users should be in.
If you have any questions please send an email to email@example.com
Members who use Quickbooks are required to use Andar Software Quickbooks Enterprise licensing. You will be billed yearly for the Intuit Maintenance and Support agreement which covers Quickbooks support and upgrades.
Most members need Microsoft Licensing for four products. Luckily, you should already own these licenses on your own network so when you convert to our system you will use those same licenses. We will do an audit of your licenses every July to ensure you own the proper licenses. Unfortunatly, access to our systems will be suspended until you can provide documentation to support you own the proper licenses.
If you don't already own the proper licenses, the most cost effective way to obtain them is to request a donation from techsoup.org. You can get more information on techsoup.org here.
For information on Microsoft's specific donation policy, visit the Microsoft donation page here.
Once you purchase these licenses, they are current for two years after which you will need to pay a small yearly maintenance fee. If you do not continue to pay the maintenance fee you will have to repurchase the licenses every time we upgrade the system.
Below are the links to the licenses you will need on Techsoup's website.
All data in our Delaware Data Center is backed up to our Colorado data centers nightly.
Andar Service Packs
In general, to avoid problems during the campaign season, Andar Software does not install application service packs between August and December without a specific request from a member United Way. Between January and July, Andar Software will notify United Ways and install Andar service packs automatically unless the United Way notifies Andar Software that they do not wish the service packs installed.
Because the Andar application is so complex and each United Way uses it in a unique way, Andar Software DOES NOT DO ANY FUNCTIONALITY TESTING OF THE APPLICATION. Each United Way is entitled to a test database from Andar Software to do any functionality testing they desire.
Other Service Packs (MIP, Quickbooks, etc)
It is the member’s responsibility to request service packs for all miscellaneous applications
For more information on SPF, please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework
- Not contain the user's account name or parts of the user's full name that exceed two consecutive characters
- Be at least seven characters in length
- Contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- Upper case A through Z
- Lower case a through z
- Numbers 0 through 9
- Special characters, for example !,$,#,%
Passwords expire after 90 days and you can't use any of the previous 5 when you change it.
To change the Primary or Notice Correspondent contact your Microsoft Reseller who will process the change of contact request on your behalf. To change all other users:
- Click Administration and then click Manage Users to access the Manage Users page.
- Click the Email Address hyperlink of the user whose permissions you need to edit to access the Edit User page.
- In the Permissions table, do one of the following:
- To remove Licensing IDs: Locate the Licensing IDs you want to remove and click the Remove icon associated with it (the red X located in the left column of the row)
- Click Add to save the updates.
- Click Administration and then click Add New User.
- Under New User Information, type a valid business email address and name combination in the Email, First Name, and Last Name boxes.
- Under Permissions Assigned, select the check boxes associated with the roles you are assigning to the requestor per Licensing ID.
- Click Add to save the updates.
- After 2-4 hours a welcome email message is sent to the new user, inviting them to complete VLSC Registration. Once registration is complete, the new user can immediately access and manage the Licensing ID based upon the roles you assigned.